Who Wants Brush Brush?

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Waking Up With Cats

I was woken up by an early call this morning and after answering it, struggled back to bed to grab more sleep. Along the way, an obstacle course awaited. Becks called out loudly to me from the table, wanting attention and possibly food. Shishi weaved between my legs and made little jumps with her front feet off the ground to rub against my knees, making endearing 'mmm' and 'maa' sounds. Mikan ran ahead, jumped onto bed to wait for me and Maggie watched the commotion atop the cage, disinterested.

As I snuggled in under the covers, Mikan had left for his favourite spot under the bed. Becks crawled in with me and started to purr, lying contentedly on my chest. QQ came in soon after, asking for some pets. I stroked them groggily and Becks left a minute later, probably annoyed at having to share the attention. I felt someone stepped on my shins, then proceeded to lean heavily against the crook of my knee. There's only 1 cat who doesn't give two hoots about stepping on mommy - Princess. A quick peer confirmed the suspicion.

I drifted in and out of sleep and the kids took turns snuggling up. Finally, I decided to get up; There's no way that I would be able to rest properly with them moving around so much. Getting up, I saw Becks watching me from the other bed, blinking at me affectionately. Habitually, Mikan sidled up to coax me to sleep somemore.

What a wonderful way to start the day. =^.^=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home