Who Wants Brush Brush?

Friday, October 06, 2006

Somecat Is Unhappy

I'm just so, so relieved that Mikan is well again. The test results were inconclusive like the one we did when Mikan first had an infection a few years back so we are still not sure why. Anyhow, the doctor put Mikan on a prescribed diet as a precautionary measure. Mikan seemed to enjoy it and well, so did the rest of the naughties (oh, their interest lasted at least till we saw the bottom of the first packet).

Just when I thought that I could take a breather, alas, luck was not on my side. Someone started to pee on my pillow. The first time it happened, it was just drips and I put it down to accident, but I could no longer deny the fact that someone was trying to tell me something by the second and third time the same thing happened. When I finally came home to a huge patch of stinking wetness one day, out went the pillow and nearly too, the cats. Most unpleasantly, one of the new pillows I bought after that fell victim to unscrupulous marking yet again just after two days.

Books and articles say that the cats who mark are stressed by a:
  • new environment - Nope
  • new member in the house - Nope
  • new cat - Heck, I wouldn't dare
  • change in kitty litter - Nope
  • relocation of litter bin - Nooope
  • medical condition - Doubt it
  • litter bin hygiene - Hmmm..
So someone is unhappy with the standards of my cleaning. Fine, I smell your message, your kitty highness.

Three also suggested that they might be unhappy with me. True - I have been spending comparatively less time at home the past few weeks. So I reconciliated with the unhappy cats by coming home earlier these few days, brushing them more religiously and serving up hors d'oeuvre before each meal. So far, so good.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It's uncanny how fivecatsmom and I seem to experience the same problems (UTI, marking) these few months or thereabout. Unfortunate events yes, but I'm just glad to have someone to share my problems with.

Thanks there, fivecatsmom. :)


8 Comments:

  • Hiya Vodka,

    Mikan is all better now, he's been sneaking out of the room to drink from the tap whenever he gets the chance to (he loves his water VERY fresh). Their auntie angela and I've also been trying to keep the litter bin clean so he that he doesn't hold his pee. The Naughties are very, very spoilt.

    I've been busy with work and with the naughties both at home and across the causeway, so it's rushingrushingrushing for the past few weeks. But well, the holidays are coming soon so I should have more time then. And ahem, got time to go shopping for skimpy beachwear sometime? ;P

    By Blogger Mini-Meow, at 11:56 AM, October 16, 2006  

  • Hi...

    Glad to hear that Mikan is better now.

    Shopping for bikinis? Okay!

    Cheers,
    Feli

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:23 AM, October 17, 2006  

  • Bikinis??? Can I come??? But I need to get 5 pairs....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:25 PM, October 17, 2006  

  • Talking nonsense again Patch. You have passport?

    By Blogger Mini-Meow, at 11:36 AM, October 18, 2006  

  • but but but.... I came from Australia didn't I? So I must have some kinda passport ya?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:18 PM, October 19, 2006  

  • Haix, just about everywhere I go, I have people asking me to bring their cats home.

    Fondest memory was after an exercise in Thailand. We were waiting for transport (which was late, as usual) & decided to pop by the village's convenience store to quench our thirst... but not before the local kiddos scrambled up our laps for some photo oppportunities though!

    Anyway, the store had its own feline-in-residence (surprise! surprise!), & I tangoed with the little mite for a wee while.

    Next thing I knew, the Grandpaw of the shop was telling me in Thai to bring her home. (=.=)

    By Blogger Guttercat, at 6:12 AM, November 11, 2006  

  • Heheh, smuggle them back!

    A classmate of mine, hmmm.. the dad of a classmate of mine came back once with a chimp from Batam in a picnic basket. But before you go squealing to the authorities, the chimp has since been 'donated' anonymously to the zoo, left at their doorstep in the dead of the night after they realised they couldn't provide.

    And yeah,(=.=).

    By Blogger Mini-Meow, at 11:46 AM, November 13, 2006  

  • Lolx, I thought about having the buggers latch ontae my back & try to pass them off as the latest fashion accessory or something... so long as they dinnae mew at inopportune moments.

    I don't squeal to the authorities dearie... I snarl at them.

    Isk, if you ask me, keeping run-of-the-mill companion animals are buggery enough.

    My cousins are putting my teeth on an edge.

    By Blogger Guttercat, at 4:26 AM, November 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home