Who Wants Brush Brush?

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Vaccination Morning Mess-Up

Vaccination day started off in a flurry as their dad decided that he was free to take us in the last minute. I thought we would just walk-in, knowing that appointments needed to be made at least a week in advance for that clinic. When their dad gave me the evil eye for (i) not making an appointment and (ii) insisting that we travel all the way to Bt. Timah to their usual vet, I assured him that there wouldn't be a long queue since it was a weekday.

I called the clinic when all of us were settled, nervously for the catkids, in the car. Then it was my turn to panic when the receptionist told us that they were so full that it was imposible to fit anyone in, not even walk-in customers. That was the only day that we would get to use the car so I decided that I had to get it done, begging or threatening. Eventually, after much asking-nicely (oh alright, and some pleading), she gave in and asked for my pet's name. When I told her there were five of them, a 2 seconds silence ensued and she proceeded to tell me politely that it couldn't be done and that she could help me make an appointment on another day. I told her that I really couldn't make it any other date (which is quite true) and if that was the case, I would have to take them somewhere else. Expectantly, my lousy attempt at threatening was futile. Oh well, I forgot their vaccination cards anyhow. But I do understand that they are usually very busy and the recep was nice and polite throughout the call so it would really not be fair for me to blame them for anything despite my immense frustrations.

Admist the incessant mewing, I stole a look at their silently brooding dad, considered a few other places that we could go and finally decided on ARC across the road. Luck behold, the doc was free to attend to us. As I heaved an audible sigh of relief and animatedly congratulated ourselves on our good luck, I thought their dad looked decidedly a whole lot less pissed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home