Who Wants Brush Brush?

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

All 6 Kids Showered Today

Gave all cats a bath today. Becks, normally the one to groom everyone else, received special attention from Mikan and Princey when she entered the room again, all damped after her shower. The 2 boys followed her all the way to the bed and sat beside her, helping to dry her coat. I sat and watched the three of them for a long time, drying each other and themselves. Such an amusing and comforting sight.

Mikan and Cutie were surprisingly calm during the bath, purring loudly as I massaged the the soap in. Later, Mikan tried to wriggle out of my grasp (in vain of course) while I was drying him. In his frustration, gave such a dramatic and audible sigh into my face that I laughed and the naughty almost got away.

Nutty Cutie was not quite cat-like after her bath, instead of drying herself (she refused help from everyone except mommy), she went around rubbing her cheeks against everything in sight, worried that the soap had masked her scent on all of HER things.

Shi was in rage. She hated the smell of soap on the others and, heavens forbid, on herself. How she growled when I soaped and rinsed her - Twice! She hissed at everyone when I let her back into the room when she was done. I tried redeeming myself by giving her extra bit of brushing and cookies while she was nestled in her cage licking herself dry. Last I checked, she was catching some shut-eye by the window.

Maggie kept coming over to ask for more brushing when he was already all dry and fluffy. There can never be enough of brushing in this house. :)

2 Comments:

  • Wow what a coincidence, I just blogged about cats being bathed...

    http://www.thecatblog.com/index.php/26/cats-who-not-enjoy-their-baths/

    I hope yours were not as upset.

    Greetings from Moritz
    http://www.thecatblog.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:25 PM, June 23, 2007  

  • Hi moritz!

    It's always a challenge bathing cats, but it's such fun watching them groom themselves for 2 hours straight after that. :D

    Thanks for visiting. We'll pop by thecatblog.com right this moment! :)

    By Blogger Mini-Meow, at 10:21 PM, July 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home