Who Wants Brush Brush?

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Patch, the Chair and the Hair Dryer

What do you do when you get a pooch who is terrified of the hair dryer, a necessity in managing stinkiness in the fellowship of caninehood?

Put her in a circumstance that she is even more afraid of, of course.

An exhausting wrestling match ensued after Patch's bath yesterday. I had Patch restrained in a full body-lock to keep her from running away. With the hair dryer in one hand and a terrified pooch held tightly between my legs, I had only one free hand to rub her coat haphazardly. My wish to end the ordeal is of no less degree than the frantic dog beneath me.

I've likened the visual to a picture I took off the internet.



Heel, sit, shake paws - Bow down to me, grrr!


Restraining a medium size pooch pulling and tugging to get away is no mean feat. I was struggling to keep a grip on her and a moment of weakness was all she needed; Patch escaped to the dinning table and refused to come back out. While exasperatedly trying to reach in to pull her out from underneath the table, the dinning chair caught my eye, the neurons exploded with activity and I grinned.

Patch is afraid of the hair dryer - Patch is even more afraid of heights - I put Patch on the chair - She wouldn't dare to jump down - I can dry her without having to hold her down at all - Eureka!

Plan went perfect, Patch was dried within minutes and I phoned her dad quickly to tell him my brilliant plan.



"Eh, I know how to dry her with the hair dryer liao!"

"Oh?"

"Yah, put her on the chair, it really works!"

"Oh, I used to put her on the washing machine when she was little to dry her, also can. But now I never, cause I lazy lah."

"... ..."

"Hello?"




Tell me earlier mah.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home